2 cups unsalted butter (samn balady)
1 cup whole milk
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon instant yeast
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1. Heat the samn balady until almost boiling.
2. In seperate bowl, add the baking powder and the spices to the flour.
3. Slowly add the flour mixture to the hot samn balady and stir thoroughly.
4. When the mixture cools (warm to touch), add the instant yeast to the milk with a teaspoon of sugar, then stir gently into the dough.
5. Knead it for a short while, cover and let it rest for an hour.
6. Shape dough into balls, then flatten them.
7. Inserts nuts, honey, sugar, agwa (date spread), or other filling when you are making it into balls.
8. Put them on a cookie tray and let them rest.
9. Bake in preheated oven (345 F) until golden.
10. Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar just before eating.
- Utk cara membuat poin ke-3, pengadukan tepung dlm butter memerlukan wkt lama...sampe2 ada resep yg menuliskan "Aduk trs sampai pegel" =D
- Spy bagian tengahnya benar2 matang, tusuk2 adonan yg telah dibentuk dgn menggunakan garpu pd saat hendak dibakar.
Labels: kue kering